40 acres in Hamilton County, Illinois
Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9
Click a smaller image above to view a full size version.
The following documents have been uploaded by the seller. Click a document to view or download the file. You may need additional software to view these documents depending on the type of file that has been uploaded.
Loading Tax Data
A LandsInsight or Platinum Seller Account is Required to view Sales Comps.
Sign up or login below.
Details about the Land
Description of the Land
When it comes to land ownership you dont have to own thousands of acres in order to kill mature whitetails. And thats what the current owner has proven the past 7 hunting seasons on this 40 acre tract. Situated in the Northwest corner of Hamilton County, Illinois, this transitional farm has produced two mature bucks 6 out of the last 7 seasons! The results speak for themselves. What makes it so good? On this 40 acres you have the three essential elements to hold and grow mature deer: food, water and cover. There are 12.5 acres of tillable land that was soybeans in 2012. A large creek splits the property in half offering a year-round water source. And the whitetails have cover in two different areas. The timber surrounding the creek has tons of thick cover (and browse) and the quail buffer strip surrounding all of the crop/CRP fields provides cover with tall grasses. This same recipe has worked for the thundering toms as well. The owner has harvested 5 mature toms, and only hunted a few seasons. Dont waste your time trying to build up a small farm, purchase one that has a PROVEN history and excellent NEIGHBORS. Give me a call to see how you can kill big deer on only 40 acres!
- 40 acres of diverse habitat on a dead-end road in Northwest Hamilton County, IL. Located less than 1 mile from Wayne County and 3 miles from Jefferson County.
- Within a 15-minute drive from the I-57/I-64 corridor in Mt. Vernon, IL.
- 12.5 acres tillable, 11.5 acres of CRP Quail Buffer, 3.5 acres of filter strips and the remaining acreage in thick, scrub timber along the creek.
- Farm has produced 2 mature bucks 6 times out of the past 7 seasons. The largest being a 172 stud taken by the owners father-in-law (see pictures).
- Abundance of wild turkeys, we scared off over 40 on our first visit.
- Creek splits property East-West offering water and travel corridor for bucks.
- Farm offers food, water & cover, the three must-haves to grow big deer!
- 2012 crop was soybeans, 2013 crop to be negotiated by new buyer.
- Surrounding neighbors implement QDM resulting in mature bucks.
- Current income $2,500/annually. This comes from tillable, Quail Habitat & CRP.
- County Water and Electricity located on gravel road bordering east property line.
- Belle Rive unit of Ten Mile Creek State Wildlife Area is less than 2 miles West offering additional hunting opportunities.
Other Land for Sale from Justin Mason
Johnson County, Illinois $97,500 33.73 acres
Pope County, Illinois $399,000 21.63 acres
Johnson County, Illinois $144,000 40 acres
Calloway County, Kentucky $800,855 369.91 acres
Graves County, Kentucky $324,000 216 acres
Graves County, Kentucky $15,950 10 acres
- Properties for Sale in Hamilton County
- Acreage for sale in Hamilton County
- Beach property for sale in Hamilton County
- Commercial property for sale in Hamilton County
- Homes for sale in Hamilton County
- Lake property for sale in Hamilton County
- Residential property for sale in Hamilton County
- River property for sale in Hamilton County
NOTE: The information contained herein is provided as general information only and has been obtained from sources deemed reliable. It is provided without any guaranty, warranty or representation, expressed or implied, made by LandsofAmerica.com, or any related entity, as to the accuracy or completeness of the information. The information is presented subject to errors, omissions, change of price or conditions, prior sale or withdrawal without notice. Prospective purchasers should make their own investigations, projections and conclusions concerning the information.